Its… two nights before my special event, but i will never ever give up on trying to lose more weight and search for the foods that are okay for my diet. I wanna share with you some of the foods that i found and that can help you (us) lose weight.
I found the “Superfoods”. According to my source the so-called superfoods are nutritional powerhouses that help build bones, prevent chronic diseases, improve your eyesight, and even keep your mind sharp. But also some new evidence suggests these foods can also help you get—and stay—slim, how?
1. Ofcourse everyone is sooo familiar with oats, I’ not really a big fan of oatmeal as it makes me feel sick, But! according to my research Oats are rich in fiber, so a serving can help you feel full throughout the day. Just a half cup packs 4.6 grams of Resistant Starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism and burns fat.
2. Blueberries, i really love ’em as it is contains anti-aging properties! Its kind’a hard to find this stuff, but you may want to check the groceries like Robinsons and SM hypermarket. They are a powerful figure-friendly eat: A 1-cup serving sets you back only 80 calories, and helps you feel full with 4 grams of fiber.
3. Salmon.I love grillin them! Lean sources of protein help you feel full without adding fat. It’s a leaner choice than red meat and is chock-full of MUFAs to boot. A 2001 study found that dieters eating a MUFA-rich diet lost an average of 9 pounds, while their low-fat diet counterparts gained, on average, 6. (MUFA is the acronym for monounsaturated fatty acids)
4. Avocado.There’s no reason to be afraid of eating fats—as long as they’re the right fats.
Oleic acid, a compound in avocados’ healthy monounsaturated fats (MUFAs), may trigger your body to actually quiet hunger. Stick to a quarter or a half of an avocado and watch that belly fat melt away. The creamy fruit is also packed with fiber and protein.
5. Black Beans.A cup of black beans packs a whopping 15 grams of satisfying protein and doesn’t contain any of the saturated fat found in other protein sources, like red meat.
6. Broccoli. Steamed,Cooked or raw, this cruciferous veggie is well-known for its cancer-preventing powers, but with a punch of filling fiber in less than 30 calories a serving, it’s bound to prevent weight problems too.
7. Wine. Hoorayy for Wine Drinkers, Resveratrol, the famed antioxidant found in grape skin,and Cosmo Skin Grape Seed extract capsule stops fat storage. Studies show that moderate wine drinkers have narrower waists and less belly fat than liquor drinkers. Downing a glass can boost your calorie burn for a good 90 minutes.
8. Pears.I only eat and buy pears during New Year,im not a big fan of this, BUT! Just one pear packs 15% of your daily recommended amount of fiber. One study found that eating pears 3x a day consumed fewer calories and lost more weight than those who didn’t. Ditch the peeler though; the skin is where all that filling fiber is hiding!
9. Now for those of you who “cannot live” without rice.Brown rice is a heartier, fiber-packed alternative to less-than-super white rice. A half-cup serving contains 1.7 grams of Resistant Starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism and burns fat.
Plus, brown rice is a low-energy-density food, meaning it’s heavy and filling but low in calories.
10. My Favorite!!!Bananas are a no-doubt slimming superfood . A slightly green, medium-size banana will fill you up and boost your metabolism with its 12.5 grams of Resistant Starch. Even a ripe banana still ranks high on the list of foods containing RS, with almost 5 grams.
11. Everyone is soo afraid of Eggs,even me. Eggs get a bad rap when it comes to weight loss. But the breakfast staple is loaded with protein that will curb your appetite.
And don’t worry about cholesterol: The study found that egg eaters don’t have higher bad cholesterol or lower good cholesterol than bagel eaters.
12. Almonds! I love almonds, i can live with only almonds and any nuts,I am nuts with nuts! Nuts are another superfood rich in healthy fats that help you slim down.
Almonds in particular can help you shed pounds: In one study, people who added a daily helping of the nuts to a low-cal diet lost more weight than people who followed the same diet but swapped almonds for a carb-heavy snack like crackers.
13. Green Tea! There are a lot of green teas in the market,any will do,just make sure it came from a reputable brand, aside from my daily dose of Cosmo Body Capsule (which contains 250mg Green Tea extract) i make sure, if i have time,after dinner, consume Green Tea’s. This steamy sip hydrates like water, which can help fill you up and shed pounds. Plus, the antioxidants in green tea will up your fat burn and calorie burn. One study found that five cups a day could help you lose twice as much weight, most of it around your middle.
14. Oranges! I love all types of oranges,the local orange (ponkan) is my number 1. Though At only 59 calories, you may not expect much from an orange, but thanks to a hefty dose of fiber, it ranks highest among fruits on a list of 38 filling foods put together by Australian researchers. Feeling full can help you eat less throughout the day.
15. I always see chocolates as the number 1 enemy for healthy diet. But this time…Chocolate lovers, rejoice! A nibble of dark chocolate here and there can slow down digestion so you feel full longer and eat less at your next meal.
Dark chocolate is full of MUFAs; studies show eating a diet high in these healthy fats can rev your metabolism to burn fat and calories. It may also help by curbing cravings for salt, sweet, or fatty diet-wreckers.
16. Low-fat Milk. I’m a big soya milk drinker, too bad my tummy is always in trouble everytime i consume regular low-fat milk.But according to study the same fatty acid is found in milk, and milk’s proteins can keep you feeling satisfied. The added calcium may also help; in one study, men and women burned more fat and calories when they had 1,000 to 1,400 milligrams of calcium per day.
17. POTATO! True, potatoes are high in carbs, but they are three times as filling as a slice of white bread, and top all the foods on the same satiety index as oranges. Plus, potatoes are also rich in Resistant Starch, which helps your body burn fat.
There are still lots of superfoods included on the Research, the ones that i listed are the readily available food in our groceries (and my personal pick). So i guess aside from including these foods on your diet, eating small parts and good exercise is still the best key to staying fit.
Special Thanks and credits to Sarah Klein, and health.com
Categories: Health and Wellness