I forgot to mention on my last entry “Great Foods that will help you lose weight ” that grapefruit is a very important superfoods and can dramatically help you lose weight.
Consuming half of a grapefruit before each meal may help you lose up to a pound a week!
A compound in the tangy fruit can lower insulin, a fat-storage hormone, and that can lead to weight loss. It’s also a good source of protein, and because it’s at least 90% water, it can fill you up so you eat less. And to help you more with grapefruit. Heres a recipe that i tried to make it more exciting and appealing.
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad With Seared Salmon
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 large bunches arugula, stems removed (10 cups)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoonsfresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1/2 teaspoonkosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 (5-ounce) wild salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1/4 cuptoasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Peel and segment grapefruit with a sharp knife on a cutting board; reserve juice in a bowl. Toss grapefruit segments and juices with arugula and avocado; divide salad among 4 serving plates. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over both sides of salmon. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add fish (skin-side down) to skillet, and cook until skin is golden and fish releases easily from pan (about 4 minutes). Using a spatula, gently flip fish and cook about 3 minutes more. Break each fillet into 4 pieces; top salads with 3 pieces fish. Drizzle salads with reserved dressing; sprinkle with walnuts.
There you go! a refreshing,healthy and delicious recipe pack with super heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids from Walnuts and salmon. Plus monounsaturated fats, which also help your heart,from avocado. Enjoy!
Special thanks to “myrecipes” for sharing this wonderful recipe
Categories: Health and Wellness